[labnetwork] TTIP Cylinder Overheated - Request for Advise

Hathaway, Malcolm R hathaway at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Thu Jul 20 17:17:56 EDT 2023

Hello All,

Thanks for all the good comments and suggestions.

As several of you (and our own EHS) suggested, we have entrusted the cylinder to our toxic waste removal company.  We are still a bit leery of sending out a potentially pressurized cylinder (albeit a small one) to be disposed of by possibly rough methods, but that is what was recommended.

If we hear any additional news about it's final disposition, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Again, thanks for all the help and good recommendations.

Mac Hathaway
Harvard CNS