[labnetwork] Manual requested for an STS 320 PC etcher (2nd Request)

Stephen Howe info at fabsurplus.com
Wed May 31 14:48:41 EDT 2023

Dear Lab members,

I am the proud owner of the following STS 320PC tool:-

https://www.fabsurplus.com/sdi_catalog/salesItemDetails.do?id=79584

You can see many photos of it at the above link.
The vintage seems to be around 1995.

The equipment is functional, but it has come to me without any manuals.
I was wondering if anyone can be so kind to send me any manuals for
this old but very simple tool, so as I can then find a new home for it
?
Please consider that it does help the environment when one re-cycles
such expensive and costly to make fab equipment in this way.

Here is a more detailed description about this tool, which has a DOS
operating system:-

SDI ID: 	79584
Manufacturer: 	SPTS
Model: 	320 PC
Version: 	UP TO 200 mm
Vintage: 	01.05.1995
Quantity: 	1
Comments:
-Manual loading
-includes PC control system.
-Software version 2.3.00 datalog
-includes STS end-point detector
-includes Leybold mechanical pump with oil mist filter.
-includes Leybold turbo pump
-Leybold turbo pump controller type: Turbotronix NT 151 / 361
-RF generator type: ENI ACG6
-Includes process module chiller type BETTA TECH CU500. COOLANT:
GALDEN.(SEE SDI ID 106971)
-Cathode diameter: 30 cm
-Cathode area: 706.5 cm2
-RF forward power range: 10 to 600 watts
-Chamber max pressure: 500 mtorr
-Chamber base vacuum: 1mTorr
-Substrate sizes: 2 to 8 inch and small fragments
-Number of gas lines available: 8
Reactive Ion Etching is a technique which is used to selectively etch
thin films in micro-electronic devices. It used both physical and
chemical etching. An appropriate gas mixture needs to be selected to
obtain the best process results.
Etch rates can be adjusted by changing the electrode bias, RF power,
chamber pressure and the gas flow rates. RIE can provide highly
anisotropic surfaces.
With the STS 320PC, recipes can be changed easily to allow the
processing of new materials.
POSSIBLE SUBSTRATE SIZES: 2 INCH, 4 INCH, 5, INCH, 6 INCH AND 8 INCH,
FRAGMENTS
GASES USED: CF4, O2, CHF3, SF6, CF4 + N2
SUBSTRATES THAT CAN BE ETCHED: SiO2, PolySilicon, SiN

Yours sincerely,

SDI Fabsurplus Italia SRL
Stephen Howe
Company Owner