[labnetwork] Questions about MgO and MgF2 Processing

Lowell, Peter J. (Fed) peter.lowell at nist.gov
Tue Nov 21 17:30:38 EST 2023

Hi Labnetwork,

We have a user that is interested in processing MgO and MgF2 substrates and we have no experience processing these materials.  The user is specifically interested in performing fluorine and oxygen plasma etches, e-beam evaporating, and sputter depositing on these substrates.  We are concerned if these processes will contaminate a chamber that is used for general processing.  Is there anyone out there that has any experience that would be willing to discuss with me?

Thanks a bunch!

Peter

Peter Lowell, Ph.D.
Senior Process Engineer