[labnetwork] Ti Sputtering with a Lesker Torus MagKeeper without a backing plate

Richelson, Tucson tucsonr at illinois.edu
Thu Sep 7 11:42:20 EDT 2023

Hello everyone,

I want to follow up on this. Lesker reached out to me. It turns out that I was confused about the terminology.

  *   A backing plate is for brittle materials.
  *   A "keeper" is for targets to be magnetically secured to the gun.
Lesker sells them separately and we have a fabrication shop on campus that could easily drill and tap it to the target.

I want to thank everyone who reached out to me. Thank you! I feel very welcomed by this community.

[cid:image002.png at 01D9E177.ADE564B0][cid:image003.png at 01D9E177.ADE564B0]

Best,
Tucson Richelson
Nick Holonyak, Jr. Micro and Nanotechnology Lab (HMNTL)
University of Illinois
Rm 2118, MC-249
208 North Wright St. Urbana, IL 61801
Office: +1 (217) 244-5138
Web: http://mntl.illinois.edu/
Schedule training: https://book.ms/b/Training2@uillinoisedu.onmicrosoft.com
Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act any written communication to or from university employees regarding university business is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure.