[labnetwork] launderable cleanroom clothing

Charles Veith cveith at seas.upenn.edu
Wed Sep 20 08:13:40 EDT 2023

Good Morning Dennis:
         At Penn, I am on my third cleaning service in nine years and
finally successful.
Back in 2021, I was given the okay by Meredith Metzler to buy our own
garments. We spent
approximately $54,000.00 to buy 3 times the required garments to meet
demands of 150 users.
Owning our garments, we no longer had to deal with contract conditions
forced upon us by the
cleaners. These conditions are all negative for trying to keep costs under
control. (i.e. Damaged
Garment Charges and how often to do laundry).
         Also, Our garments are washed alone with no other firms included
in the cleaning or drying
process. This is a big change that ensures there is no cross contamination
with other firms
garments.
          Invoice from 8/11/2023 was $444.22, which is an every other week
cleaning. If big semi
is having their suits cleaned every other, why do we need it every week?
           Here is the break down from on Prudential Cleaning Service
Invoice
         Quantity of Coveralls
                   169
         Quantity of Boots
                     388
         Quantity of Hoods
                    238
         Frocks
                              8
         Total
                              808
         Cost
                           $444.11
         Twice a month charge to pay off initial suit purchase
  $500
         Total cost
                         $944.11
         Maximum cleaning per year 26. So maximum cost
         for cleaning on a yearly basis is and we own our garments
         at the end
                    $24,546.86