[labnetwork] STS DRIE chiller replacement

LaFleur, David W dlafleur at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Mon Sep 25 09:29:53 EDT 2023

Hi Mike,

We have several types and manufacturers of chillers. First let me say we had a Lydall Infinity chiller on a Plasmatherm system. It was ok. I still have it and it was repaired twice in 8 years. The company has been bought out by Boyde Corporation and they will still repair them in New Hampshire. Unfortunately they do not make these chillers anymore. They are local so it is still affordable to ship and repair. While it was out being repaired, I bought a Jalabo Presto chiller to replace it. It took some engineering to get it to communicate with the system but it is working really well. I have several SMC chillers and the ones that run on Galden are great. !0 years on both with no issues. The DI/distilled water chillers break down every 3 to 4 years it seems. To repair they need to be sent to Japan, a major pain. My recommendation is to call Boyde(781) 208-0094 Scott Jukubec and see if they can repair it. If you need to replace it, I recommend Julabo over SMC just because of price and serviceability.

David LaFleur
Equipment Engineer
CNS, Harvard University
11 Oxford St.