[labnetwork] Question about Marz grade Aluminum from MRC

Robert Vandusen RobertVandusen at cunet.carleton.ca
Thu Apr 18 14:32:38 EDT 2024

Hi everyone.
We have some MARZ grade Aluminum evaporation slugs from MRC which we are hoping to use.
There is nothing else on the container indicating purity.  The PN is 20-101E-AL000-1000
I found one paper referring to MRC MZ Aluminum as 5-9s (99.999%),  but I haven't been able to find any other information online on the purity of this MZ grade AL.
We could have it tested but just wondering if anyone out there knows for sure?

Thanks
Rob
Robert Vandusen
Technical Officer, Microfabrication Lab