[labnetwork] Turbo pump PlasmaTherm 720 etcher

Roman Akhmechet romana at princeton.edu
Mon Feb 5 09:07:45 EST 2024

Hello,
Recently our Leybold turbo pump on an old PlasmaTherm 720 RIE tool has stopped spinning. The controller for the pump seems to be communicating, but the load stays low when trying to start the pump for about 10 minutes before going into failure, probably due to a time out. I'm wondering if anyone has a recommended vendor to repair turbo pumps, or advice on what other issue may be causing this. Thank you.

Roman Akhmechet
Princeton University