[labnetwork] PI funding gaps

Cornwall, Bob rgc5 at psu.edu
Fri Mar 22 10:38:01 EDT 2024

Within our cores, faculty research groups cant do the work unless they provide a valid fund number.  WE pull that out of the financial system nightly, and if the fund is not allowed to be charged against, it is removed from the users allowable charge accounts in our reservation and billing system which is based on NEMO.  They cannot do the work on that account and faculty are made aware that they are not allowed to charge other Award/contracts and move charges later.    They can charge internal university funds, but may not be allowed to move those charges to an award after the fact.   That is handled at the department level.

Bob

Robert Cornwall

Managing Director -

Penn State  - Materials Research Institute

rgc5 at psu.edu<mailto:rgc5 at psu.edu>

C 814-571-3438
W 814-863-8735

Availability<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/6efb0a19e15f4dc288f2ecfc42cc4bee@psu.edu/a48bda530ad848dfa1c30eea7478ca5211650036762852546734/calendar.html>