[labnetwork] Thermal conductivity in plasma chamber

Bob Hamilton bob at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Aug 17 12:02:00 EDT 2010

The Microlab has been using thermal grease, CGR7016,
Cool-Grease 7016, 50gram jar available from:
http://www.aitechnology.com/store/

This grease is used in an STS/Bosch Si etch process. I have
no information to offer about its interactions with SiO2.

We also make our own thermal paste from Santovac V
(polyphenol ether) and aluminum powder for use in our
ionmill. Santovac V has an exceptionally low vapor pressure
and is soluble in acetone, post-milling (perhaps boron
ntirde would be a better additive than aluminum)? Also, a
thin film of Santovac may be enough without a filler.

http://www.2spi.com/catalog/vac/santovac-5-vacuum-grease.shtml

Bob Hamilton

Robert Hamilton
University of California at Berkeley