[labnetwork] hotplates

Pilar Herrera-Fierro pilarhf at eecs.umich.edu
Mon Nov 22 13:41:26 EST 2010

Matthieu,

You are right hot plates are a pain, they fail (die) regularly.
We have found a brand that is sturdier than others : Torrey Pines
Scientific. They have nice models with programmable heating cycles,
different top materials, etc.
The main reason of failure is the temperature probe, so I recommend you buy
a couple when you order the hot plate.

They have some ceramic top that are more chemical resistant but they have
kind of a domed surface.

Hope it helped.

Pilar

Pilar Herrera-Fierro, Ph.D.