[labnetwork] ATTN: Two used JEOL JBX-5DII .

Jon McCarthy jjmccarthy at wisc.edu
Tue Aug 23 11:01:57 EDT 2011

The University of Wisconsin-Madison, College of engineering has a JEOL
JBX-5DII tools that have been de-commissioned. We would accept any
reasonable offer for purchase of the systems. We can wrap and palletize if
you pay shipping and pickup. Any purchase will go through UW SWAP

Neither system has a working computer: the Primary system(originally from
Intel/JEOL) was working when shut down in 2009. In 2010 the VAX failed
during a restart. As far as we know the rest of the system can be operated.
A similar system is available (originally Univ. of Michigan) for parts.

See specifications below;

.         JEOL JBX-5D2-U E-Beam Lithography System Specifications

.         19 year old Electron Beam Lithographer

.         50 KeV Electron Beam

.         LaB 6 Current Source

.         2 MHz Pattern Generator

.         Variable field size

.         Low and high resolution modes

.         10mm working distance for high res mode

.         No height map

.         Current Range - 10 pA to 10 mA

.         Beam Size ~ 10 nm for small current.

.         125 mm (5") Stage Travel with l/120 Interferometer

.         Best Resolution - 50 nm nested lines in 200 nm resist (Hank Smith
et al.),
70 nm nested lines in 150 nm resist (JPL).
75 nm nested lines in 350 nm UV3

.         Down to 30 nmin 150nmresist, problemswith repeatability.

.         Pattern code fully accessible - custom modification

*	Substrates
*	3-5" Si wafers
*	SiN membranes
*	4-5" Quartz Masks

Field Sizes:

*	Low Resolution Mode 100 mm working distance: - 800 microns
*	High Resolution Mode 10 mm working distance: - 80 microns and
smaller (small area only)

Resist dose requirements:

*	UVseries ~30mC/cm 2
*	Apex E ~ 12 mC/cm 2
*	Sal-605 ~ 12 mC/cm 2
*	PMMA ~ 600 mC/cm 2
http://www.nanotech.wisc.edu/images/clear.gif  Description: Description:
http://www.nanotech.wisc.edu/images/clear.giflast updated: May 15, 2010

SEND INQUIRIES ON HOW TO PURCHASE OR MAKE AN OFFER TO:

Jon J McCarthy, Ph.D.

Director, Shared Instrument Facilities

Co-Director Advance Materials Industrial Consortium

UW College of Engineering

Phone: 608-263-1073

Cell:608-345-6134

jjmccarthy at wisc.edu