[labnetwork] Lift-Off tool recommendations?

Bill Flounders bill at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 10 13:19:47 EST 2011

Vincent,
To date we have reserved lab network for policy and operational
related questions. Process related questions are better directed to
"mems-talk".
I welcome alternate opinion from the group on this protocol.

However, since I am writing a reply, I offer the following:
I would not advocate an automated liftoff tool in our diverse environments.
I would invest the money in better control of substrate temp during
evaporation
e.g. a cooled chuck or ebeam upgrade rather than thermal evap etc.
We have used an acetone filled hobby air brush to enhance lift off -
very cheap and very effective.
Several groups have tried ultrasonic - many have experienced device
damage from this strategy.
Sincerely,
Bill Flounders
UC Berkeley