[labnetwork] DI water cooling

Volkan Ozguz vozguz at sabanciuniv.edu
Wed Jan 26 15:40:01 EST 2011

Dear Colleagues
We are tying to select  a cooler (heat exchanger) to maintain the
temperature of  the water in our  Type-1  DI water circulation loop  for our
lab. We are giving two options:
 a  plate-type heat echanger  and a pipe-type heat exchanger with ultra
polished SS construction. The price tag difference is large (about 2:1)
between the two options. What are your views about initial selection and
long term reliability? What is the maximum temperature level tolerable in
the loop if we wantt to eliminate the exchanger?
Thanks for your help,
Volkan

--
Volkan Özgüz