[labnetwork] FW: Gas Monitor

Mac Hathaway Hathaway at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Mon Jan 31 10:49:39 EST 2011

Hey there, Floyd,

This is Mac Hathaway, from Harvard Center for Nanoscale Systems.  At
CNS, We use MST and Midas sensors (Honeywell), which both seem to work
pretty well.  The MST has a sensor cartridge right at the monitoring
point, and the Midas can do remote sensing, i.e. the sensor can be some
distance from the monitored point, drawing a continuous gas sample via
poly or teflon tube, up to ~100 ft away depending on the gas.

There is another group that is breaking in, some guys from Zellweger
(used to be MDA, old makers of Chemcassettes).  They are called DOD
Technologies.

Our sensor guys, EERC out of Rochester, NY are quite good, and would
happy to help you spec out your new sensors, or even help you put a new
system together.  They helped us with our initial setup, and are
currently doing the bump tests several times a year.

Mac Hathaway
Harvard CNS