[labnetwork] Sputter problem

Mac Hathaway Hathaway at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Fri Jun 24 12:15:07 EDT 2011

Hi Keith,

Since I see no other better responses yet, I'll give you my two cents
(not being a sputtering guru, myself):

Sounds like something is getting hot.  Things to check:

Loose RF connections in the chamber, and back to the tuning network.
Also, check inside your tuning network for loose connections.

Does your forward/reflected power change over the day?

Another place to look is your RF power supply.

Mac Hathaway
Harvard CNS