[labnetwork] Staff time tracking methods used

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 28 12:57:42 EDT 2011

Vito:

We, and a number of the other labs that run Coral use that for tracking
staff time.  There is a separation between "staff activity" (typically
processing, tool characterization, etc) and "training" activities
because a number of labs charge a different hourly rate based on whether
things are training or not.  Even if they don't charge different rates,
most folks want to be able to differentiate between training activities
and other staff activities so that they have a better idea of how their
limited staff resources are deployed.

As I would be unable to give you an unbiased view, I'll not comment on
the degree to which it is a friendly and easy to use human interface.
My guess is that some folks running Coral will tell you that that the
user interface for charging staff time is fine .... and others will tell
you that they dislike it.

Thanks,

John