[labnetwork] Toxic Gas Monitoring Systems

Bowser, Jerry jerry.bowser at nist.gov
Wed Aug 8 13:13:44 EDT 2012

Hello All,

I wanted to survey the group for information regarding the type and brands of toxic gas monitoring control systems in use.

Here at the CNST, we use various gas sensors (about 55) connected to a custom PLC based system that is just about at capacity.  If a gas is detected, the system shuts down gas cabinets, sounds alarms, and alerts our fire department.  The major shortfall of the system is that the detection level can be read at the sensor in the detection zone but is not displayed at the control interface.

Before we decide on upgrading or replacing our control system, I thought I would see what others are currently using.  Thanks for your input.

Jerry

Jerry Bowser
NanoFab Operations Group
Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology
Phone: (301) 975-8187