[labnetwork] Toxic Gas Monitoring Systems

Dean Sutter ds120 at gatech.edu
Wed Aug 8 17:07:09 EDT 2012

Hello Jerry,

Expect a response from Bob Rose, he handles these types of systems for
GT-IEN.

Can Bob be added to labnetwork mailing list?  "Rose,Robert W"
<bobrose at gatech.edu>

Thanks and Regards,
Dean

On 8/8/2012 1:13 PM, Bowser, Jerry wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I wanted to survey the group for information regarding the type and
> brands of toxic gas monitoring control systems in use.
>
> Here at the CNST, we use various gas sensors (about 55) connected to a
> custom PLC based system that is just about at capacity.  If a gas is
> detected, the system shuts down gas cabinets, sounds alarms, and
> alerts our fire department. The major shortfall of the system is that
> the detection level can be read at the sensor in the detection zone
> but is not displayed at the control interface.
>
> Before we decide on upgrading or replacing our control system, I
> thought I would see what others are currently using.  Thanks for your
> input.
>
> Jerry

> Jerry Bowser
>
> NanoFab Operations Group
>
> Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology
>
> National Institute of Standards and Technology
>
> Phone: (301) 975-8187

Dean A. Sutter
Associate Director, Research Operations and Business Development
Inst. of Electronics and Nanotechnologies
Georgia Institute of Technology

dean.sutter at ien.gatech.edu

404 894 3847 - Office
404 558 1844 - Cell