[labnetwork] chemical resistant gloves used with HF

Leif Johansen lej at danchip.dtu.dk
Thu Aug 23 15:56:05 EDT 2012

Hello Iulian,

We are using North SilverShield 4H gloves. Please refer to the links below.

http://www.northsafety.com/TriggerWorkflow.aspx?WorkflowModuleGUID=a3c3bf34-f500-45aa-a73f-13a246669a21&Alias=NSUS&SB_ContentItemGuid=16486627-ea23-4442-bde6-d9008e3579ba

http://www.northsafety.com/TriggerWorkflow.aspx?WorkflowModuleGUID=a3c3bf34-f500-45aa-a73f-13a246669a21&Alias=NSUS&SB_ContentItemGuid=babf5024-993c-4792-9ed5-442e9335ee49&ReuseToken=True&CDTID=a2de4ac6-0971-431d-ac14-d9496fd9b052

Look at page 18 in the pdf product catalogue.

Their advantage is that they provide 4 hours protection against most hazardous chemicals, hence the product name. The disadvantage is that after repeated use they are prone to crack in the weldings, so it is quite important to inspect used gloves carefully before handling HF. We always provide a stack of new 4H gloves near all chemical wet benches.
4H gloves are also quite slippery, so handling beakers can be cumbersome. For this reason, many lab users put an extra pair of nitrile gloves over the 4H gloves.

Best regards,

Leif