[labnetwork] Process Chilled Water Question

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Thu Dec 6 21:15:25 EST 2012

Guy:

Ours (Stanford ...) is an older treated water PCW loop and, as a result,
our numbers will vary significantly from the newer facilities that are
running DI (or quasi-DI) water in their PCW loops.

However, our water conductivity runs at about 500-600 uS/cm.  We try to
maintain the pH between 7.5 and 8.0 and we treat our water with Nalco
TRAC 107 at a concentration of about 2500 ppm.

All of our tools that have water-cooled RF supplies or electrodes then
have closed-loop chillers or heat exchangers to meet their lower
conductivity requirements.

Thanks,

John