[labnetwork] Hydrogen Generation

mark crain mcrain3 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 10:02:44 EDT 2012

Hi Dr. Ferraguto,

The University of Louisville considered the same option when building a new
facility several years ago and it met the high standards of our cleanroom
consultant Abbie Gregg.  The Hogen system we installed has been used
mostly to support or Oxford PECVD.  It has worked out very well for our
processing.  We purchased our first H2 generator in the late 90's for a
small bench top etcher,  I have never had any regrets for moving away from
the infrastructure required to support an H2 gas bottle.   It seems a great
option as long as it meets your purity and flow requirements.

I would be interested in hearing from others on the network, what
limitations they may see for an H2 generator.

Best Regards,

Mark Crain
University of Louisville
502/442-9727