[labnetwork] Tool Usage System

Hathaway, Malcolm hathaway at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 2 19:28:16 EST 2012

Hi,

This is Mac, at Harvard CNS.  We have a system called CLEAN, which was designed in-house.  It is a php-based application which controls system access via ethernet-connected interlock switches, and uses a browser user-interface to log in and out.  It has an on-line log-book function, and interacts with our pre-existing reservation system.  It also tracks tool usage, and recently was integrated with our billing system to automate user invoices.

It works pretty well, but is not yet truly portable or "turn-key".  There is a possibility that it could be made available to outside groups, but would require additional software support to integrate it into your own pre-existing systems.

Feel free to contact me if you have more questions.

Mac Hathaway
Harvard Center for Nanoscale Systems