[labnetwork] gas room means of egress

Luciani, Vincent vincent.luciani at nist.gov
Tue Nov 6 14:24:36 EST 2012

Hello Iulian,

I believe you are correct that you must have 2 exits.  However, there are other contributing factors that need to be considered.  We adhere strictly to the rules set forth by the appropriate NFPA codes.  In this case you should use NFPA 318: Standard for the Protection of Semiconductor Fabrication Facilities, 2012 Edition along with NFPA-101 Life safety Code.  These two documents will provide the relevant codes that will likely support or at least clarify the requirements.

Good Luck,

Vince

Vincent K. Luciani
NanoFab Manager