[labnetwork] How do you dispense photoresist?

Andrew R. Lingley alingley at uw.edu
Wed Sep 26 12:17:56 EDT 2012

Hello all,

We had the same problem with resist drying on bottle cap threads.
Recently, we have switched to 50 mL non-lubricated polypropylene syringes
and have had good results with a variety of resists.  They are a little
expensive (~$3/syringe), but we have found that they can be cleaned and
reused.  Also, although we haven't needed to yet, it seems that the plunger
seal is tight enough that we could probably filter the resist if we chose.
We decant directly into the syringes, but as they do not block UV we store
a dozen or so in the fridge in aluminum foil that can be taken out as
needed.  Users have found this method to be very easy and reliable, and it
seems that particulate contamination is less of an issue.  Please email me
if you would like specifics about the syringes we use or our dispensing
procedures.  Thanks.

Andy

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 8:29 PM, Michael Khbeis <khbeis at uw.edu> wrote:

> Andy,
>
> You should respond with what you've been doing.
>
> Dr. Michael Khbeis
> Associate Director
> Microfabrication Facility (MFF)
> University of Washington
> Fluke Hall, Box 352143
> (O) 206.543.5101
> (C) 443.254.5192
> khbeis at uw.edu
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> *From:* Caitlin Grothaus <ccgrot01 at louisville.edu>
> *Date:* September 25, 2012, 10:50:10 AM PDT
> *To:* labnetwork at mtl.mit.edu
> *Subject:* *[labnetwork] How do you dispense photoresist?*
>
> Hello Everyone,
> We're currently re-examining our current method of dispensing photoresist
> onto wafers for spinning.  Currently we are decanting larger bottles into
> small amber dropper bottles but have had some issues (mainly with resist
> drying around the seal of the bottle and causing contamination).
>
> What do you use at your lab?  If you do use amber dropper bottles, are
> there any steps you take to try to prevent this contamination from
> happening?
>
> Thanks!
> Caitlin

Dr. Andrew Lingley