[labnetwork] ion-implantion & CO2 snow cleaning

Robert M. Hamilton bob at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 4 13:01:36 EDT 2013

Colleagues,

Two general questions:

Can anyone provide experience with implants from Cutting
Edge Ions? We have used Innovion (formerly CORE) with good
results; however, we like to provide our members choices for
specialized services and prefer to do this based on experience.

We find the NanoLab need for specialized cleaning services,
such as PVD shields and etch chamber liners is increasing.
There are some cleaning tasks that traditional
bead-blasting, chemical etching and plasma do not address,
such as stripping Parylene from a coater. Is anyone familiar
with CO2 snow cleaning? Is this a technology that can be
brought in-house?

Thank you in advance,
Bob Hamilton

--