[labnetwork] Magne-Tron M-700 Resistivity System

Walsh,Kevin M. kevin.walsh at louisville.edu
Thu Apr 25 16:22:00 EDT 2013

I was given an older Magne-tron Instruments Model M-700 Resistivity System without the 4-point probe assembly.  I'm adapting it to an existing 4-point probe head.  The connector on the back of the Magne-Tron is a microphone-style plug with 4 pins labeled 1-4.  Can anyone with an existing system tell me which plug pins go to which probes.  I expect it makes a difference, especially when using the conductivity type feature (both rectifying and thermal diffusion modes).

Thanks,
Kevin

Dr. Kevin M. Walsh
Samuel T. Fife Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Founding Director of the UofL Micro/Nanotechnology Center
University of Louisville
BRB Building, Room 234
2210 S. Brook St
Louisville, KY 40292