[labnetwork] CSI Awards Scholarship to University Student for Nanomaterial's Research

Tom Britton tbritton at criticalsystemsinc.com
Fri Aug 16 08:20:32 EDT 2013

http://www.criticalsystemsinc.com/scholarships

Hello all,

A while back several of you helped us determine the requirements for CSI's newly created scholarship program. Deemed "Breakthrough Technologies Scholarship", CSI will award this scholarship to a student twice a year who shows work in the advanced technology studies such as nanotechnology, semiconductors, physics, etc. We feel that the advancements your students are making, and the work they are doing in your facilities, will improve the future for all of us and our children, and we want to do our part to support your students research efforts. It is our goal over time to bring other companies in under this scholarship to grow the award amount to the point where it becomes a sizable sum of money where we can help fund specific research programs.

The winner of the CSI Fall 2103 Breakthrough Technologies Scholarship is Stanford's Ryan Swoboda.!

Ryan's work with synthesis and characterization of novel nanomaterials, namely the assembly of chalcogenide materials, will have applications in quantum computing, biolabelling, and potentially hydrogen storage. We selected Ryan from over 50 scholarship entries, and we wish him much success with his research.

We will be accepting entries for the Winter 2013 Scholarship between September 15th and October 31st, and will award our next scholarship November 15th. If you have students who you feel would benefit by receiving this extra money, please send them this link: http://www.criticalsystemsinc.com/scholarships They can also check their University's Financial Aid & Scholarships page. Our scholarship currently resides in this section within many Universities websites. If you want it to be listed in yours, please let me know who to contact, and we'll get with them to make this scholarship available to your student body as well.

Thank you again for all who helped to make this happen.

Sincerely,

Tom Britton
Director of Sales
Critical Systems, Inc.