[labnetwork] Nanofabrication Faculty opportunities at University of Delaware

Matthew Doty doty at udel.edu
Fri Dec 6 10:05:51 EST 2013

As you may already know, the University of Delaware is constructing a new
state-of-the-art nanofabrication facility that is scheduled to come online
approximately one year from now. The facility will have more than 8,000
square feet of class 100 and class 1000 space and will be outfitted with a
complete suite of new equipment. The nanofabrication facility is located
within the new Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Laboratory, which
also houses state-of-the art microscopy and materials characterization
facilities. We have several faculty searches this year that may be of
interest to candidates wishing to take advantage of our new nanofabrication
facility and capabilities. I would be grateful if you could circulate this
announcement and the attached advertisements to the users of your
nanofabrication facilities and any other potential faculty candidates.
Personal recommendations of candidates would also be very much appreciated.

One position is in the area of nanoscale engineering. This a college-wide
search for a candidate working in the areas of nanoscale materials,
devices, and fabrication. Areas of research interest include, but are not
limited to, photonic devices, light sources, sensors, detectors or
actuators. Candidates conducting research that complements existing
strengths in biomaterials, optoelectronics, photonics, renewable energy or
magnetics are especially encouraged to apply, but the search is quite broad
and I strongly encourage candidates to apply even if they do not overlap
with these areas. The home department for this faculty member will be
determined by the best overlap with their area of research and teaching
expertise.

The second search is for a Clare Booth Luce Assistant Professor in Hard
Materials. This position, established with support from the Henry Luce
Foundation, is for an outstanding woman doing research in the area of hard
materials and provides significant discretionary funds for career
development. Specific areas of research interest include, but are not
limited to, electronic and optoelectronic materials, materials for energy
conversion/storage, nanomaterials, and composite materials. Again, the
search is broad and we strongly encourage candidates to apply even if they
do not overlap with these topical areas. The primary appointment will be in
Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science and Engineering with additional
appointments in other departments as appropriate.

The third search is for a senior faculty member in our new Biomedical
Engineering program. Many areas of biomedical engineering are of interest,
including the development of nanofabricated biomedical instrumentation,
devices and sensors.

Links to descriptions of these positions can be found at
http://www.udel.edu/udjobs/. The attached pdf ads describe the three
positions in more detail and provide contact information for each job.

Best,
Matt

--
Matt Doty
Associate Director, UD Nanofabrication Facility