[labnetwork] Consumable Cost Data and Estimation

Jacob Trevino Jacob.Trevino at asrc.cuny.edu
Thu Dec 12 13:43:26 EST 2013

Good day,

Previously, I introduced the new cleanroom that is going up at the City University of New York (CUNY) as part of the Advanced Science Research Center (ASRC) to open fall 2014. I received wonderful advice from several of you regarding fee structures for equipment use, which I am very grateful for.

One issue I am coming up against presently is estimating the amount and cost of consumables, that will feed into setting up our fees.  For the first year, I understand this will be an estimate, as our start-up user base is unknown.  After the first year we can adjust based on the actual numbers.

I was curious if anyone had any data on their cleanroom's consumable costs that they wouldn't mind sharing with me? I know this is highly variable depending on the size, equipment and user base of each of your facilities, so I will do my best to take that into account. Any information you can provide (even if it is partial data) will be greatly appreciated and help us to make an educated guess on what to expect.

Thank you again for all your help.

Best regards,
Jacob

Jacob Trevino, PhD