[labnetwork] KOH Baths

Aebersold,Julia W. julia.aebersold at louisville.edu
Fri Dec 13 16:38:11 EST 2013

We maintain a 45% KOH bath along with a 5:1 TMAH (25% in H20):IPA bath.  Due to increased usage of late we have started to monitor the pH of the baths to determine if etch rates and selectivity are maintained our users.  However, we do have a reflux condenser that allows clients to set up their own concentrations if they desire.  I do not prefer this practice due to expense, especially with TMAH at $650 per case.

BTW, I have a question for Bill or anyone on Lab Network (sorry to hijack your thread Bill).  Can anyone recommend good technical support for K&S wirebonders that is 3rd party?  It would be nice if we could bring someone one in to review our tools that doesn't charge us like we're Intel.

Cheers!

Julia Aebersold, Ph.D.
MNTC Cleanroom Manager
Shumaker Research Building, Room 233