[labnetwork] quick tool fit up survey

Ferraguto, Thomas Thomas_Ferraguto at uml.edu
Wed Feb 13 08:37:45 EST 2013

Colleagues,

We are currently in the midst of our tool fit up for our 4200 square foot clean room.

At UML we pay for engineer stamped tool packages for every tool we are installing in our clean room  (i.e. Schematic drawings, floor plan, electrical, plumbing, etc.)

I would greatly appreciate it you could take a few minutes and answer the questions below , (This is in response to the question posed by Capital Planning, as to what other Universities require?)
Note: I'm referring to process equipment (aligners, deposition equipment, e-beam lithography equipment, wet stations etc., that require high power, specialized piping and exhaust).

Just bold or hi-lite the text in your answer.  I am also open to any comments or suggestions !

Tool Fit Up Survey

Enter Your Organization

Are stamped engineering drawings for tool installs ?

YES

NO

What documentation is required for tool installs?

Mfg Cut Sheets

Marked up drawings

Local Permits

Other

Are you required to follow prevailing wage guidelines (Union)

YES

NO

Who Coordinates Tool Installations:

Clean room Staff

Facilities

Outside Contractor

Other

Who Performs the installation

Clean room Staff

Facilities

Outside Contractor

Combination

Comments

Best Regards

P.S. I will happily share my findings on request.

Thomas S. Ferraguto
ETIC Nanofabrication Laboratory Director
University of Massachusetts Lowell
1 University Avenue
Lowell MA 01854-5120
978-934-1809 land