[labnetwork] Oxide growth in Nitrogen

Robert M. Hamilton bob at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 13 11:32:50 EST 2013

Savitha,

Back diffusion via your exhaust port may be the issue with
high wafer oxidation rates in  your atmospheric . tube. It
should be easy to install an orifice to test this. Assuming
your N2 flow is ~10-20 slpm during load and remains high
during anneals you should be able to live with ~ 3 mm
orifice in the tube's exhaust. It can be a pretty primitive
test - even aluminum foil.

Bob H.

Bob Hamilton
Marvel NanoLab