[labnetwork] cleanroom occupancy ratings

Dennis Schweiger schweig at umich.edu
Mon Jan 7 14:50:00 EST 2013

Iulian,

good afternoon.  Here at UofMichigan, our fab is H-5, and the gas bunkers
are H-3 (I think).  You're not going to want to be a B occupancy.  It's too
limiting.  We have a couple of B locations in other parts of the building,
and they're constantly adjusting HPM gas cylinder sizes to remain code
compliant.

In my opinion, if you're building a research facility, H is the way to go.
It provides a lot of "chemical" flexibility.  With a B, you've got a fancy
classroom building, not a research facility.
Dennis

734.647.2055 Ofc