[labnetwork] N2 grade for blow guns

Hughes, John S hughes at illinois.edu
Mon Jan 14 08:55:13 EST 2013

We're in a similar place as John. We have a 24 year-old cleanroom design with high-quality (99.995% purity; Mil. Spec. 27401-C) distributed "house" nitrogen. In our case, there are two separate LN2 tanks being used. The one distributes at low pressure (~40 psi) through copper pipe, the other at high pressure (~120 psi) through stainless lines.

We use 0.2 um filters on all the blow guns and some of the process chamber vent lines. Any nitrogen process gas comes from UHP cylinders, but we haven't had any problems using our house nitrogen for everything else.

 -- John

John S. Hughes                         Office: (217) 333-4674
Associate Director                        FAX: (217) 244-6375
Laboratory Operations                     hughes at illinois.edu<mailto:hughes at illinois.edu>
Micro and Nanotechnology Laboratory
2000E Micro and Nanotechnology Laboratory
208 North Wright Street
Urbana, Illinois  61801              http://mntl.illinois.edu

On Jan 12, 2013, at 12:51 PM, John Shott <shott at stanford.edu<mailto:shott at stanford.edu>>