[labnetwork] Recirculating DI water spray guns?

Dennis Schweiger schweig at umich.edu
Thu Jan 17 16:25:31 EST 2013

Mary,

I don't understand your question.  If you're recirculating the water in the
guns, you're not really losing it, it's just being returned to the storage
tank to be polished and sent back out on your DI loop.  Or, are your guns
"bleeding" water off to drain to keep the water at the nozzle "fresh"?

Here at UofM, all of the newer wet benches have recirculating guns.  The
older benches are just single pass (and these are gradually being
replaced).  There doesn't appear to be any problems with the older style
operation.  The thing to remember is that you're building a fab for the
future, at some point you may need the cleanliness that recirculation
offers.  If your benches aren't set up that way now, modifying them, or
replacing them, to get that functionality at a later date is expensive.

Thanks,
Dennis Schweiger
Facilities Manager
Lurie Nanofabrication Facility