[labnetwork] Capital eqpt. vendor feedback

Charles Ellis elliscd at auburn.edu
Mon Mar 4 21:10:56 EST 2013

Scott,

We have purchased quite a lot of equipment from many different used equipment vendors over the years. We have never been able to close a deal with CAE due to their inability to work with our University's purchasing requirements.  They basically want everything up front – while we are usually only able to give 25 – 50 % up front – if that much.  We have always found Classone equipment to be very good and very fair with us.  We have purchased almost all of our larger pieces of equipment from them (CHA Mark 50, STS AOE, STS PECVD, STS ASE, Branson Asher, etc..).  We have also purchased items from GCE Marketing – they are very good technically.

Good Luck…

Charles Ellis…
Director,  Auburn Microlabs...