[labnetwork] Question regarding SF6 intermediate gas delivery line pressures

Paolini, Steven spaolini at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 7 16:11:02 EST 2013

Bob,
   My method takes into account how many "sticks" are on the VMB, how far a distance from the gas source, and what the total flow rate could be with all equipment running at max. I start at 20 PSI and add 10 psi per liter of possible flow at the cylinder regulator if the run is 50' of 1/4" line or less. I would add 5 PSI for each additional 25' of tubing with a maximum of 100 into the VMB's. I prefer not to overdo the cylinder regulator pressure since it could result in frosting up the regulator from the J.T. effect if you are using a lot of gas volume (>10 liters). Your actual mileage will vary :)
Regards,
  Steve Paolini
Harvard University Center For Nanoscale Systems