[labnetwork] ALD vacuum pump oil

Mac Hathaway hathaway at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 23 17:27:41 EDT 2013

Hi Mike,

This is Mac Hathaway at Harvard.  I'm not familiar with that oil, but we
use Fomblin-type "O2 Service" oil.  What is the make of your ALD
system?  Does it use a constant N2 or Ar purge?  If not, I can easily
imagine a fair amount of backstreaming over time.  In our Cambridge
Nanotech (Ultratech, now) Savannah, we run 20 sccm of N2 all the time.

Also, if yours is a shared use facility, never discount the possibility
of strange things being introduced into the chamber by "less
experienced" users...

Mac