[labnetwork] Heated gas lines

Tom Britton tbritton at criticalsystemsinc.com
Thu Jul 3 18:20:52 EDT 2014

Hello Matthieu,

I missed seeing you at Harvard a couple weeks back. I'm sure you would have enjoyed it. I hope all is well.

Here is what we would recommend:

Typically with gases that need to be heated to prevent condensation, the best practice is to keep it the distance short as possible from the source to the point of use. With that being said, if distance is the issue, the two key elements are temp and pressure, a gradual increase in temp from the source to the point of use and a decrease in pressure will be your best bet to minimize the chance of condensation.

Tom

Tom Britton
Director of Sales
Critical Systems, Inc.