[labnetwork] STS owners: third party (or original parts supplier) source for ESC?

Ian Harvey IRHarvey at eng.utah.edu
Thu Jul 10 10:11:51 EDT 2014

Dear STS owners among Labnetwork Colleagues,

We now have our used STS ASPECT DRIE online, and have likely discovered one of the key reasons this unit was originally placed on the used market:  the electrostatic chuck indicates localized plasma/heat damage, and we therefore have erratic backside cooling and nonuniform etching.

Any hints from battle-wizened colleagues on where to source parts for STS systems, particularly items such as chucks that STS themselves likely source from others?  Best practices for working with STS?

Thank you!

—Ian

p.s. As suggested by John Shott and Duane Boning (many thanks!) I used and bookmarked the google search:

labnetwork STS parts supplier site:www-mtl.mit.edu

...along with a few other search terms.  This gave me the confidence that the question had likely not been asked yet...

Ian R. Harvey, Ph.D.
Associate Director
Utah Nanofab
Cleanroom Fabrication and Surface Analysis & nano-scale Imaging
801/585-6162 (voicemail)
www.nanofab.utah.edu