[labnetwork] Interlock Boxes

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Thu Jul 10 14:55:21 EDT 2014

Kolin:

I believe that most folks are using the Advantech ADAM-6060 or ADAM-6066
6-channel IP-addressable relay modules for interlocking. Others use
modules that come from National Control Devices that have 1-, 2-, 4-,
and 8-relay devices with current ratings from 5 to 30 amps.  Most folks
are currently using hard-wired ethernet connections, but some wireless
options are also available.

I believe that most of these IP-addressable relays are functionally
equivalent but would certainly have minor differences in the default
port that is used and the exact command sent to turn on, turn off, or
check the status of a given relay channel.

I don't have experience with either Cores or iLab software to know what,
if any, interlocking hardware has been interfaced with their systems.

Good luck,

John