[labnetwork] Interlock Boxes

Michael Rooks michael.rooks at yale.edu
Fri Jul 11 10:11:21 EDT 2014

We use ethernet relay boards from National Control Devices
<http://www.controlanything.com/Relay/Relay/ETHERNET_PROXR>, controlled
by Badger (the new version of Coral). NCD also makes wifi connected
relays. Having two relays on a board makes it easy to keep isolated
grounds isolated. Each board requires its own static IPv4 address. The
boards can be easily mounted in a 6"x6" electrical box, or in the
custom-fitted plastic case from Badgerlms. <http://badgerlms.com/> I
suggest you keep these boards behind a firewall, since they run a tiny
operating system and web page, but with only minimal security.

Michael Rooks
Yale Institute for Nanoscience & Quantum Engineering
nano.yale.edu