[labnetwork] regulator question

Fouad Karouta fouad.karouta at anu.edu.au
Fri Jul 18 19:30:41 EDT 2014

Hi Rick,

I agree with Tom that you don't need any heating jacket of the cylinder. But be aware the C4F8 is a liquid in the cylinder and we had a similar issue here at ANU with a C4F8 cylinder hooked directly to SS tubing without regulator with the argument that the vapour pressure is 2.3 bars at RT. However in this situation heating the line to 30 deg C didn't help stabilising the flow and only when we retrofitted a pressure regulator with only a secondary gauge and the heating line we did get a stale flow. I believe the regulator is maintaining the vapour pressure of C4F8 in the cylinder that works as a buffer for a constant gas delivery.

Hope this helps,

Fouad