[labnetwork] Benchmarking Survey

Anson, Susan (STN) susan.anson at kit.edu
Tue Jul 29 03:09:37 EDT 2014

Dear Rosie,
Thanks for putting me on cc.  As you know here at Karlsruhe we have made a start on a benchmarking study on nanofabrication facilities (also with you). We are mainly interested in the operational model of the infrastructure (free access via peer review vs paid access), the output both in terms of the classical performance indicators (publications etc.) as well as the relation between technologies, application areas , and the in-house research of the host infrastructures.  We see this as a way of measuring the impact in terms of innovative relevance – a hot topic here in Europe.
This is the link to our home nfrastructure Karlsruhe Nano Micro Facility (KNMF)  http://www.knmf.kit.edu/  , and the European Network I coordinated – at the moment we are preparing a proposal for a follow on,   www.euminafab.eu<http://www.euminafab.eu/> .

A global approach to the benchmarking would be really good, I would be very interested to discuss further with you  and Thomas,

Best regards,
Susan

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Helmholtz Programme Science and Technology of Nanosystems (STN)
Karlsruhe Nano Micro Facility (KNMF)
Dr. Susan Anson

Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1
76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 721 608 2 8103
Mobile +49 (0) 175 5735 149
Fax:  +49 (0) 721 608 2 5579
Email:  susan.anson at kit.edu<mailto:susan.anson at kit.edu>
http://www.stn.kit.edu/
http://www.knmf.kit.edu/
www.euminafab.eu<http://www.euminafab.eu/> (FP7-226460) EUMINAfab - your gateway to multimaterial micro nano fabrication

KIT – University of the State of Baden-Württemberg and National Large-scale Research Center of the Helmholtz Association