[labnetwork] Venting Tools with Building Nitrogen

Morrison, Richard H., Jr. rmorrison at draper.com
Mon Nov 3 07:42:18 EST 2014

HI,

Here at Draper we use bulk LN2 and  draw off the gas via an evaporator. The main runs are 1" diameter SS lines feeding a bunch of labs. Our distribution system in the Microfab is oxygen free copper silver soldered, with SS valves and SS lines running to the tools.. When the system was installed the Nitrogen was analyzed and found to be as follows:

Dew Point 3.5ppm
CO  0.09ppm
NO 0.16ppm
O2 0.45ppm
Total Hydrocarbons  0.15ppm

We have never seen any kind of issue with regards to the purity for venting we have never seen an issue.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Draper Laboratory
Principal  Member of the Technical Staff
Group Leader Microfabrication Operations
555 Technology Square
Cambridge Ma, 02139-3563

www.draper.com
rmorrison at draper.com