[labnetwork] Facility Process Vac

Bryant Colwill colwib2 at rpi.edu
Wed Aug 12 00:53:54 EDT 2015

Colleagues,

We are in need of repairing/replacing our cleanroom process vacuum pumps.
Currently, we use a water sealed rotary vane system but it has been
suggested to convert to a oil sealed rotary screw style pump.
We target an ultimate vacuum of 28mmHg and our volume requirements, at
point of use, are quite small (a couple spin chucks, end effectors,
etc.).  Can anyone attest to having a rotary screw pump installed for
this purpose that has withstood the test of time?  Any issues with
premature/frequent bearing failure or replacement? Also, does changing
from water sealed to oil sealed set off any red flags?

Thanks in advance,
Bryant

Bryant Colwill
MNCR General Manager