[labnetwork] Facility Process Vac

Robert M. HAMILTON bob at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Aug 12 11:29:29 EDT 2015

Bryan Colwill,

I suspect you can relax your vacuum spec. At 28" (~50 Torr) you will have
93% of the atmospheric force available for wafer handling. Our facility
vacillates between 25" and 28" during the day, based on load. We and have
not seen a problem from this swing.

Note, our housevac is never used for actual process, just wafer handling.

The UC Berkeley NanoLab uses a Busch rotary-vane system built for
"housevac". It is reliable; however, we did modify the oil recovery tubing
(1/8") which collects oil and returns it to the sump, changing it from
steel to translucent plastic tubing. This modification makes it easy to see
this recovery system is working and not clogged.

Regards,
Bob Hamilton

Robert Hamilton
University of CA, Berkeley
Marvell NanoLab Equipment Manager
Rm 520 Sutardja Dai Hall, MC 1754
Berkeley, CA 94720
Phone 510-809-8618 (desk - preferred)
Mobile 510-325-7557 (my personal mobile)
E-mail preferred: bob at eecs.berkeley.edu
http://nanolab.berkeley.edu/