[labnetwork] Software End of Life Ramifications

Michael Khbeis khbeis at uw.edu
Thu Aug 20 01:03:00 EDT 2015

Mark,

While I cannot speak to the legal ramifications of what you are suggesting, usually contacting the service manager of the OEM or an officially licensed 2nd source vendor, you may get a courtesy/academic waiver for the license.

Also, we mirror the drives of our systems pretty regularly to try to avoid with ending up with a paperweight tool due to a PC failure.

Best,

Dr. Michael Khbeis
Associate Director, Washington Nanofabrication Facility (WNF)
National Nanotechnology Infrastructure Network (NNIN)
University of Washington
Fluke Hall, Box 352143
(O) 206.543.5101
(F) 206.221.1681