[labnetwork] Software End of Life Ramifications

Michael Rooks michael.rooks at yale.edu
Thu Aug 20 10:02:02 EDT 2015

Tom's advice is very good. Around here we clone each Windows drive onto
a spare disk, using Achronis, and once a year we make new clones and
swap them to make sure they work. Also, we have to keep all the older XP
controllers on a protected internal network. Some instrument vendors
will do this as part of their routine service, but you really can't
trust anyone but yourself.

Michael Rooks
Yale Institute of Nanoscience and Quantum Engineering
nano.yale.edu <http://nano.yale.edu>